Global Teachers Forum
Time & Location
About the Event
Over the course of the last 9-months, IKYTA, KRI, and 3HO have received the call to action from the broader Kundalini Yoga community asking for community-wide dialogues on critical topics – the reports of sexual misconduct by Yogi Bhajan, diversity and anti-racism work, transparency, and organizational level change.
The Global Teachers Forum is a space welcoming to all KRI-Certified Kundalini Yoga teachers worldwide. It is being convened in support of the challenges present within our community/organization, as well as in the spirit of transformation and growth. The intention is to create a platform for dialogue – offered in several languages – and envisioning a new future together that supports each of you who are selflessly sharing Kundalini Yoga in your centers, from your homes and in so many ways. Ultimately, it is our hope that these conversations will serve to support, educate, empower, and uplift all teachers who participate.
These conversations will utilize a format that is non-hierarchical, collaborative, respectful, deliberate, mindful, and will prioritize the process involved in deep listening, intentional speaking, and courageous creativity – with teachers all over the world. Through the use of Open Space Technology, we will call forth and honor all teachers and provide both the space and support for making mistakes, for learning, and for uplifting our minds, our hearts, our teaching, and – ultimately- our communities.
The forum will utilize a series of breakout rooms, allowing participants to dive deep into topic areas that feel most important to them personally and professionally. Based on preliminary community input, possible breakout rooms at the forum may include:
- Addressing the polarization currently happening within our Kundalini Yoga community
- Culture, hierarchy, and abuse of power
- Concerns regarding Kundalini Yoga culture and connection to Sikhism
- The authenticity of the lineage of Kundalini Yoga
- What guidance and support do teachers need from IKYTA/KRI in order to participate fully?
- Building an anti-racist, diverse, inclusive organization
- Organizational structure, change, and transparency
- Being a teacher and leader in a time of crisis
- The importance and value of community
- Framing the practice as Kundalini Yoga vs. Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan
The registration form includes the ability to rank the above topics, in order to determine the final breakout rooms. We strongly encourage you to participate in this survey. This is YOUR forum. We want to hold space for the topics that are most important to our teachers, at this time.
Please register first to get access: https://kyteachersupport.org/global-teacher